Boot camp problems.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hamish owns, May 7, 2009.

1. hamish owns macrumors newbie

I'm on a macbook pro, just installed windows SP2 and I ran out of battery about half way through the installation, So I restarted after charging a little, and My monitor did not even turn on, I was left with a inactive monitor, also My keyboard did not respond at all.

I presume these problems are caused by the XP not sharing the hardware, however; I cannot eject the CD with XP on in order to put my Leopard install disk in (to reset) because the keyboard won't work, Also it is a university laptop and I don't have the install disks!

Dammit, any help at all will be appreciated.

Fail.

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Restart the computer while holding down the OPTION key. This will eventually display a list of bootable volumes you have connected to your Mac.

Hopefully the problem is just that Windows is messed up and needs to be reinstalled, but is still set as the default startup volume, resulting in nothing showing up.

You can eject a disc while holding down the mouse-click while the machine is booting up although I don't know if that will work if the disc is set as the startup volume. Otherwise, if you can get to that options window, you'll be able to eject any discs.

3. trelim macrumors newbie

trelim

Eject on boot up

To eject a cd on boot up you simply hold down the primary mouse button while the computer boots and it should eject the cd and boot up in os x