Boot Camp question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by doxavita, Jul 2, 2011.

1. doxavita macrumors 6502a

- For Boot Camp (Win 7), to get started, I should read this: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...Setup_10.6.pdf right?

- On page 8 under "Selecting and Formatting the Windows Partition"

To select and format the correct partition for Windows Vista or Windows 7:
    1. Select “Disk 0 Partition 3 BOOTCAMP.”
    2. Click “Drive options (advanced).”
    3 Click Format, and then click OK.
    4 Click Next.
    The Windows partition is formatted using the NTFS file system.

So, Selecting “Disk 0 Partition 3 BOOTCAMP.” is the right thing to do, right? don't want to mess up my iMac, it's pretty much brand new, so I haven't messed up with any Partition/Hard Drive settings at all

- Do you guys recommend calling AppleCare for further guidance along the way?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Well, considering that's exactly what Apple says to do, that's probably what you should do.

3. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will all my Peripherals work? ( I have a USB mouse, don't know if I should install it's drivers again ) plus the keyboard and trackpad from my iMac...

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Windows will automatically install the drivers for any USB mouse, but you have to put your system disk in and install the bootcamp drivers for everything to work properly. The keyboard could be a pain if it's bluetooth, so you'll probably have to fiddle around with it a little bit. Don't bother trying to install the trackpad if you have the mouse, the drivers for the trackpad in windows are really, really bad.

5. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hope this all goes smoothly, I asume the drivers installation from the OS X disc, should be a simple, straightforward procedure. Don't want any complications as I'll be doing this myself...