Boot camp refuses to cooperate

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zbiju, Jul 12, 2009.

1. zbiju macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows on my mac using boot camp but it completely refuses to cooperate. I did install windows successfully in the past but then I removed everything and now it's all getting back to me.

I have enough space on disk (around 60G), drive is defragmented properly (see attachment) and there is only one partition (see attachment). I run out of ideas what to do next. I'm getting error: "Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again." when I click the very first "Continue" button so I don't even get into the partition size screen. I erased the disk and restored it from backup, as a result I've got just a good fragmentation and lost sunday.

I will really appreciate any ideas.

Thank you
    M.

Attached Files:

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

A friend of mine has just been through this problem. He booted from CD and used iDefrag (I don't know whether that's what you've used; I haven't actually seen what it looks like) and was then able to partition for Boot Camp. The key was to boot from CD, simply running iDefrag from the hard drive wasn't good enough.