Boot Camp Services and TRIM

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bkribbs, Jul 16, 2013.

1. bkribbs macrumors 65816

I've just installed an image from my school of Windows 7 and in the process of removing all their junk, I accidentally removed boot camp services. What difference does that make? I see no problems.

Also, do I need to enable TRIM or anything? I have a rMBP so I have the stock SSD. Also, is there a list of drivers anywhere? There are about a million drivers that came on the image and I would love to remove the extra ones.

Thanks!

2. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

335 views with no response? I just need to know about trim because I realized the first part doesn't matter. Oh and drivers.

3. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Forum etiquette usually dictates waiting a full 24 hours before bumping a thread you've created.

The Windows support software for Boot Camp 5 includes chipset drivers that install in AHCI mode, enabling TRIM by default in Windows 7. Most of the drivers are system related. You could remove any extraneous network ones since Macs system with a variety of Ethernet and wireless cards. Other than that, the only thing they do is occupy a small bit of hard drive space.

4. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

My apologies, different forums have different policies and I wasn't sure what exactly is normal here.

Thanks for all that though!