boot camp set up via winclone, trackpad - not working

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rhinoab, Apr 16, 2009.

1. rhinoab macrumors newbie

I wanted to move my current version of XP set up on an early 2008 MacBook across to a new silver unibody macbook. I used winclone and the new boot camp partion was fully set up and will boot up fine into the windows log in screen. The only problem is that the keyboard and the trackpad will not work. I'm guessing that when I installed on my old MacBook that it only installed the drivers that I needed and not ones for the new MacBook.

Is there anyway to install the drivers for the silver mac into the boot camp partition without reinstalling boot camp? I have a very specific set up that I want to keep.

Cheers

2. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

Yes. You would just use the Restore DVD one from your new MB when booted in Windows and the DVD should be detected and follow the prompts to load/update your drivers.

Neil

3. danroh macrumors newbie

K... Im sorry I have to resurrect the 2 years old thread, and Im even surprised to find the answer I was looking for my issue.

I am basically in similar spot as rhinoab.

I got a MacBook with broken CD-Rom and a normal functioning MacBook Pro.
    I just need to install Boot camp on my MacBook, but because the CD-Rom isnt working, I used my MacBook Pro and duplicated it with winClone.
    The thing is, on Windows side, I installed the boot camp drivers too (using MacBook PRO disk).
    Now on MacBook, my trackpads and keyboards arent working.

And Im not quite understanding fully of what neilhart said, "You would just use the Restore DVD one from your new MB when booted in Windows and the DVD should be detected and follow the prompts to load/update your drivers."

Firstly, I dont know what restore DVD is, and secondly, if its what I think it is (something like disk recovery?), do I need to use my Windows CD or MacBook CD?

Dan.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The drivers are on the OS X install disc that came with your Mac or the last one you used to upgrade. They are in an ISO partition on the disc that is not readily visible from OS X, so either copy the drivers off on a box with a working ODD and Windows or find the instructions to access it from OS X.

B

5. danroh macrumors newbie

I apologize deeply, and I am pretty new to this type of situation..
    I do have the original Mac CD and I still do not know exactly what to do with it after accessing it..

Is Restore DVD an option within the Mac CD? If someone could kindly explain in a baby step guide... that would be greatly thankful and appreciated...

:( Sorry for the hassle..

Dan.