Boot camp start up problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by broka, Feb 20, 2008.

1. broka macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I just had my new iMac intel. I wanted to installed xp on my computer and runned boot camp.IK fractionated the disk, and put in the installation disk of xp.
    But then I could select the wright partition so I quitted the installation an d restarted. Here is the problem: when i start up I only see a blank screen and nothing appears. When I start up when option key down I see my arrow but nothing happens .
    I tried to start up with the install disk from mac but still only blank screen.

Please help me!:(

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Sounds like you formatted the Mac partition instead of windows partition.

You need XP SP2 or more recent to install.

Call Apple Care. There is phone support for a certain duration / cases that are included.

3. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Did you use the Bootcamp assistant to install XP? If not, it does sound like you formatted your Mac partition.

4. broka thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanx voor de posts.

I contacted apple care and the local apple reseller. They said that they knew the problem. Probably the fracttionation process didn't when wel, and I fractionated part of the leopard system as well. :eek: Strange, because I did use boot camp assist.
    Now the disk has to be removed and a new system has to be installed, manually!
    Anyway I don't try to install windows or fractonate my disk again.

Thanx for the replies

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

you could always try a PRAM reset before you do anything drastic, it might have just messed up your boot partition

google (resetting PRAM)