Boot camp still running strong but need help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hostileto, Jul 23, 2008.

1. hostileto macrumors newbie

I am running OSX version 10.4.10 on a 2.33 macbook pro
    I am running boot camp 1.2
    Everything is working well but.... I have osx updates to load onto to the mac side.
    If I do this will it make my boot camp expire?
    I don't need leapord as I only use the mac for windows.

Any boot camp for tiger?....a hack version Something anything?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You should ask this question in the Windows on the Mac forum which is where it belongs especially since you're using Windows only, this is an OS X forum. Also I would highly recommend removing that question about hacked software, it's against the forum rules and your post may get removed.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

boot camp is an app in OSX

OSX is completely independent from your Windows partition.

How would you suggest that installing updates could somehow change anything on your Windows partition?

4. hostileto thread starter macrumors newbie

OSX 10 has boot camp updates if I update my boot camp to the lastest version will that expire? Since mac doesn't support their old OS tiger system and forces you to buy leapord.

Their are issues that the updates help like opengl and power management.

This is not a windows issue it is a tiger OSX boot camp problem. I don't want to have to rebuild my computer or my windows partition

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Wrong. wrong. wrong.

Bootcamp updates are just driver updates and I'm pretty sure you install them using the apple software updater on your windows side. Your windows side is completely independent of your OSX side.

(OS X = Oh Ess Ten, OSX 10 = Oh Ess Ten Ten???)

6. hostileto thread starter macrumors newbie

So then how does boot camp expire? Others say that it expired in nov 2007 and you cant use it unless you upgrade to leapord. Any yes they are drivers that make powermanagement better and fixes the opengl and other smaller fixes. To make the windows side work you still have to have boot camp... if boot camp needs drivers then its a boot camp issue.... OSX...
    an answer of pretty sure is isn't going to cut it
    thanks for trying
    I will look for the pc forum on the mac

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I don't think you're understanding what bootcamp is. Yes boot camp the application you used to make drivers and partition your hard drive has expired, but your partition of windows cannot expire.

As for OpenGL, that doesn't have much to do with bootcamp now does it?