Boot Camp Support Drivers Help

RyonMS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
I recently had some problems with my windows partition and had to remove it and now I am trying to set it back up. However, when I try to download the support drivers it hits the half way point and stays there. No messages or anything. I am trying to instal the drivers to a 16GB flash drive that is in FAT32 format if that is any help. Also another thing, it will now only let me use a USB and not a CD like I had done previously. If anyone could offer any assistance it would be greatly appreciated!

RyonMS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
Download directly from Apple downloads, search for bootcamp drivers in the download section.
You can also do this right from within Windows.
Do I have to do anything special or just drag and drop the files into the flash drive?

RyonMS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
Thanks for all your help! I got it up and running with Boot Camp assistant installed. On a side not could you offer any explanation as to why when my computer when on Windows crashes and restarts? (this is the reason I re-installed)

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Thanks for all your help! I got it up and running with Boot Camp assistant installed. On a side not could you offer any explanation as to why when my computer when on Windows crashes and restarts? (this is the reason I re-installed)
I have had many hours fighting a "CACHE_MANAGER ERROR" crash, which I finally narrowed down to the Apple drivers, and after a bit of internet searching found how to remove the HFS+ drivers which fixed the problem on both Windows 8 systems it was plaguing. They have worked fine ever since, and I don't need or want Windows access to my OS X drives.