Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kermit4161

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
Hi all,

I just got my new iMac in, but my Parallels program didn't come in yet. Would I have any problems if I installed Boot Camp and then migrated over to Parallels when it arrives?

I'm not sure if this would be a good idea or not, but I've got a lot of stuff to do in the XP world and don't really want to wait. However my impatience often gets me into trouble :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Alan

Retired
May 16, 2006
You would have no problems. If you do not have BootCamp-only things (3D, games etc) then Parallels alone has its advantages - you can suspend the virtual machine, and it only uses the space you need.

Why not download the Parallels trial now, and put your key in when it arrives?

kermit4161

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
You would have no problems. If you do not have BootCamp-only things (3D, games etc) then Parallels alone has its advantages - you can suspend the virtual machine, and it only uses the space you need.

Why not download the Parallels trial now, and put your key in when it arrives?

Now I didn't even think of doing that :) I think I'll sneak in to work on Monday (holiday) and download the trial. I'm sure my copy will arrive before the trial expires.

Thanks!

Alan

Retired
May 16, 2006
Now I didn't even think of doing that :) I think I'll sneak in to work on Monday (holiday) and download the trial. I'm sure my copy will arrive before the trial expires.

Thanks!

Alan
No problemo...also, if you have purchased the product, I see no moral issue against [/cough] pirating [cough] a serial number if the one you bought has not arrived...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.