Boot Camp Trackpad Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theaverageidiot, Dec 25, 2009.

1. theaverageidiot macrumors newbie

Hey,

I just reformatted my Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard and used Boot Camp to install the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate. I've got most things working, got the graphics card drivers and such, but I have one really big problem - the trackpad. First, it feels really finicky... I'm in Windows 7 right now and whenever I try to move the mouse, I have to move it a lot before it starts to move. It's hard to describe... Like it responds slowly until you start moving a lot, you can't make really small movements. But the biggest thing is no right click with two-fingers and no scrolling with two fingers. The right click thing is killing me. And I can't for the life of me find any drivers that work (I found a couple that looked promising but when I ran them they said they weren't for x64, I think it's because they were for VISTA x64, not Windows 7). The brightness controls also don't work, which is really important to me...

Oh, and my MBP is NOT the unibody kind - it's the very latest MBP that came out right before the unibody's. It has 2GB of RAM and the 8 series NVIDIA graphics card, not the 9 series.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated =).
    Thanks!

2. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

Have you already gone into the boot camp control panel and turned on the right click and scroll settings? You have to turn it on first. If so I'm not sure.

3. 251920 macrumors member

Do U have all the drivers installed correctly, coz I had to reinstall them manually driver by driver,before they kicked in and started to work. If yes,then check the bootcamp control panel...

4. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Reinstall the windows drivers from your Mac OSX install disk under your windows OS.