Boot Camp Users - How did YOU install Leopard?

Boot Camp Users: How did YOU install Leopard?

• Full format, fresh install

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Simple upgrade

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Archive and install

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

enklined

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Sacramento
Waiting for my UTD Leopard to arrive in the mail today, and curious on how other Boot Camp users installed it.

So BC users: how did you install Leopard?

Deerhunter04

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Illinois
I did a fresh format and install. I didn't have to touch my bootcamp partition, I just formatted the HFS+ partition and installed 10.5.

enklined

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Sacramento
I did a fresh format and install. I didn't have to touch my bootcamp partition, I just formatted the HFS+ partition and installed 10.5.
Doing it that way, does it leave Boot Camp as 1.4 beta, or does it auto-upgrade Boot Camp to be the final version?

enklined

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Sacramento
You have to boot into Windows and then insert the Leopard disk to update it.
So I just received my UTD Leopard CD and installed it. I booted to windows with the Leopard CD in the drive, but dont see an easily noticeable upgrade option within the CD contents.

How is upgrading boot camp to the final version done, specifically?

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
So I just received my UTD Leopard CD and installed it. I booted to windows with the Leopard CD in the drive, but dont see an easily noticeable upgrade option within the CD contents.

My Computer>Double Click on the CD that says Boot Camp (that's your Leopard disk).

Deerhunter04

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Illinois

For me, it just autoran and i installed from there. Try double clicking on your CD drive in My Computer and see what happens. If that doesn't work, try booting into windows, then put the cd in. It should autorun. I don't have the leopard cd with me or else i'd tell you exactly what file to open.

unsanity

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2005

I was similarly confused and it was because I had MacDrive installed. MacDrive was displaying the mac version of the disk's contents, however you need to see the windows contents to upgrade your partition. If that's your problem you can fix it by right clicking the cd and selecting Macdrive -> View Windows Content or something like that.

enklined

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Sacramento
I was similarly confused and it was because I had MacDrive installed. MacDrive was displaying the mac version of the disk's contents, however you need to see the windows contents to upgrade your partition. If that's your problem you can fix it by right clicking the cd and selecting Macdrive -> View Windows Content or something like that.
Ah, I love this forum. Yes, I have MacDrive installed. I will try your method - THANKS!