Boot Camp Users - How did YOU install Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by enklined, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Boot Camp Users: How did YOU install Leopard?

1. Full format, fresh install

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Simple upgrade

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Archive and install

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. enklined macrumors 6502

Waiting for my UTD Leopard to arrive in the mail today, and curious on how other Boot Camp users installed it.

So BC users: how did you install Leopard?

2. Deerhunter04 macrumors member

I did a fresh format and install. I didn't have to touch my bootcamp partition, I just formatted the HFS+ partition and installed 10.5.

3. enklined thread starter macrumors 6502

Doing it that way, does it leave Boot Camp as 1.4 beta, or does it auto-upgrade Boot Camp to be the final version?

4. LoganT macrumors 68020

You have to boot into Windows and then insert the Leopard disk to update it.

5. enklined thread starter macrumors 6502

So I just received my UTD Leopard CD and installed it. I booted to windows with the Leopard CD in the drive, but dont see an easily noticeable upgrade option within the CD contents.

How is upgrading boot camp to the final version done, specifically?

6. LoganT macrumors 68020

My Computer>Double Click on the CD that says Boot Camp (that's your Leopard disk).

7. Deerhunter04 macrumors member

For me, it just autoran and i installed from there. Try double clicking on your CD drive in My Computer and see what happens. If that doesn't work, try booting into windows, then put the cd in. It should autorun. I don't have the leopard cd with me or else i'd tell you exactly what file to open.

8. unsanity macrumors newbie

I was similarly confused and it was because I had MacDrive installed. MacDrive was displaying the mac version of the disk's contents, however you need to see the windows contents to upgrade your partition. If that's your problem you can fix it by right clicking the cd and selecting Macdrive -> View Windows Content or something like that.

9. enklined thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, I love this forum. Yes, I have MacDrive installed. I will try your method - THANKS!

10. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Upgrade on MBP

I did an upgrade install on my MBP 2.16 with 2gig of ram: It has Boot Camp, Parallels and VMWare installed. The install took a while but everything just works.