Boot Camp Video Driver Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Capulet, May 16, 2011.

1. Capulet macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 7 on Boot Camp and everything worked great, except I started to get random blue screens. I reinstalled and I am about to install the drivers for Windows 7, except I notice during the boot camp driver disc installation that it installs the nvidia driver as well. Should I install the drivers manually directly from the disk without the nvidia driver?

Also should I use the AMD/ATI Driver from here - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx instead?

I am new to this, and I just want to make sure everything is operational!

Cheers!

2. Petronas macrumors regular

I installed the drovers from the ATI/AMD website after I installed the bootcamp drivers.

I now have issues with video out and the external monitor resolution not being independent to the macbook resolution.

I think it is better to remove the bootcamp drivers first but I don't know how to remove them. If anyone could shed any light on removing bootcamp drivers that would help.

Thanks

3. JasonH42 macrumors 6502

The "Bootcamp" drivers *ARE* AMD/ATi drivers. Apple isn't in the business of writing windows display drivers funnily enough. If you have trouble with 11.5 then rollback, the older drivers that come with bootcamp work fine.

4. Petronas macrumors regular

How do I roll back drivers?

5. Capulet thread starter macrumors newbie

Should I use the ATI/AMD Bootcamp Drivers or ATI/AMD 6750M drivers? Also does the disk actually install nvidia drivers or does it not detect it and cancels the installation.

The nvidia drivers might be creating issues and bluescreens for me.