Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bin00se

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Hi,

I just registered two seconds ago so i'm not sure if this thread has been posted before but:

I own a macbook pro dual core 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, nvidia geforce 8600, 250gb hdd with boot camp running windows XP. i recently purchased a couple windows games: GRID the racing game and GTA IV. So I install these games and notice that there is a slight video lag while playing the game.it is so bloody annoying i want to throw my laptop out the window. i can't figure out how to fix it because my laptop's specs are fine compared to the games' system requirements (eg GTA requires only a 7900 and 1gb ram), i don't see why there should be any lag whatsoever :(

can somebody please explain to me if there is a way of fixing this?

cheers.

bin00se

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
yeah same goes with pushing a button on the keyboard like to walk forward or accelerate the car etc.

i also found out that nvidia doesn't support my graphics card (geforce 8600m GT) and that if i wanted to download any drivers i have to go through the notebook's provider, which is crap :(

i've been reading about Modded INFs and all this stuff about cracked drivers that could work, but i don't want to risk it just incase.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
The Boot Camp drivers include drivers for your graphics card, so (assuming you've installed those) that's not a problem. To me it sounds like an input issue rather than a graphics issue, though. When you fire, do you hear the gunshot right away, or does that lag too? Are you using a wireless keyboard/mouse?

bin00se

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
nah USB keyboard and Mouse and yes i have installed all drivers from the leopard disc.

there is a video lag with every button i push/click.

bin00se

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
yeah sorry video but not audio, the frame rate is jumpy, i'm not sure how to check for the exact fps but its slow enough to be incredibly annoying and unplayable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.