Boot Camp/VMWare equivalent for PowerMac G5

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MacLoyalist, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MacLoyalist macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a PowerMac G5 2.7GHz Quad Core, With 4GB of DDR2-533MHz RAM, and an nVidia 9600GT graphics card, with 256MB of video RAM, and a 300GB 15,000 RPM hard drive. I want to play the Sims 3 on it, but I was very disappointed when I learned that it does not support G5 processors. Does any one know if there is some sort of Boot camp equivalent for the G5, that will emulate a PC for me. I've heared of Virtual PC 7, but I've heared it isn't very good. I don't care if it's a VM or a Dual Boot I just want to play the game. Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm not a hard core gammer, so I don't care that much about Frame Rates as long as I get 10-20 FPS I'm happy :)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Since it's PPC there's not dual-boot or virtualization like VMWare/Parallels. You're stuck with Virtual PC or some other emulator, which will kill your performance.

4. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

try this i have used it in the past but it was slow (that was on a 600mhz ibook mind you)

5. MacLoyalist thread starter macrumors newbie

6. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I've tried Q out long ago. It's not the fastest in the world but at least it's "free"!

7. MacLoyalist thread starter macrumors newbie

sims 2?

Hi I'm back, I was doing some research and I saw that there is a mac version of the sims 2 which I like just as much. And it says that it will run on PPC Processors. Does any one know if it will work with my 9600GT?