Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UHmacer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Hey all,

I recently got the new 15' Macbook Pro but still needed Windows for old software.

I used bootcamp and was able to install xp x64. however it was only with the sp1 and therefore the Mac drivers on the Leopard OSX disk will not install because it tell me that "You must be running Windows XP Service Pack 2/ or Windows Vista".

I went to the Microsoft site and downloaded the SP2 for x64 and installed it.

Once back in Windows after the updated install, I tried to install the drivers again from the OSX disk, but still got the same message. The system information reads that it is running SP2...?

To make things better I can not get it to connect to the internet and let Windows update itself. It does not read the network card in this MBP.

I also tried to install the drivers on the disk individually but still no success.

My goal is to have Windows XP x64 updated and ready to go with bootcamp on this MBP. Help?

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Hey all,

I recently got the new 15' Macbook Pro but still needed Windows for old software.

I used bootcamp and was able to install xp x64. however it was only with the sp1 and therefore the Mac drivers on the Leopard OSX disk will not install because it tell me that "You must be running Windows XP Service Pack 2/ or Windows Vista".

I went to the Microsoft site and downloaded the SP2 for x64 and installed it.

Once back in Windows after the updated install, I tried to install the drivers again from the OSX disk, but still got the same message. The system information reads that it is running SP2...?

To make things better I can not get it to connect to the internet and let Windows update itself. It does not read the network card in this MBP.

I also tried to install the drivers on the disk individually but still no success.

My goal is to have Windows XP x64 updated and ready to go with bootcamp on this MBP. Help?

You need to burn a disk that has XP Pro + SP2 on it and install XP from that. Boot Camp will not work properly unless you install SP2 from the start, not update it once it's installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.