Boot Camp Warcraft III Blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Raysmond, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Raysmond macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    Today, when I have been playing Warcraft III, randomly everything will freeze and I will get a blue screen of death error for a fraction of a second, then my laptop will restart.

I am currently playing on a Macbook Pro with bootcamp for windows XP with service pack 2.

any ideas why this is happening?

2. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

first youll want to disable automatic restart after system error;

Navigate to the Control Panel in Windows XP by left-clicking on Start, followed by Settings and then choosing Control Panel.

In the Control Panel window, open System.

Note: In Microsoft Windows XP, depending on how your operating system is setup, you may not see the System icon. To correct this, click on the link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel window that says Switch to Classic View.

In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

Click OK in the System Properties window.

From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary.

---
    take a look in your System event manager to see where and what error occurred;

How to View Event Logs
    To open Event Viewer, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
    2. In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

The Application, Security, and System logs are displayed in the Event Viewer window.

Back to the top
    How to View Event Details
    To view the details of an event, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
    2. In the console tree, expand Event Viewer, and then click the log that contains the event that you want to view.
    3. In the details pane, double-click the event that you want to view.

The Event Properties dialog box containing header information and a description of the event is displayed.

To copy the details of the event, click the Copy button, then open a new document in the program in which you want to paste the event (for example, Microsoft Word), and then click Paste on the Edit menu.

To view the description of the previous or next event, click the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW.

- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427