Boot Camp will not work!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by siz, Aug 23, 2008.

1. siz macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure i'm in the wrong category but who cares... I cannot find a better one.

Anyway on topic, Boot Camp Fails on my iMac, Boot Camp Fails on my MacBook, Boot Camp Fails on my mac pro, I HATE BOOTCAMP, now i'm this >||< close to finding a way to actually delete Boot Camp & hope to never see any information on the application again because it sucks but can someone tell me if i can get the crappy peace of software to actually work before i make rid of it.

And yes i am very angry because i have just tried 3 ******* TIME TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN TODAY THEN I HAVE TO VERIFY MY DISC ETC!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The rage going through me is incredible i want to throw my macs out of the window and actually buy a PC to use my disc RAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Macs just don't work - For ME

AAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

Before i hurt an innocent GUILTY! Mac.

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Yes, first of all this is posted to the wrong forum. There is a Windows on the Mac forum where you'd be better served.

That said, it would really help if you could get a bit more specific than "it doesn't work". What errors are you getting exactly? Where is the installation failing? Is it possible the problem is not your Mac but the Windows disc you are using to install it?

As for verifying a disc on installation normally you can cancel that and skip to the installation if you know your media is in good condition.

Take a deep breath, post again with the exact error or circumstances of your installation failure and you also might want to do so to the Windows on the Mac forum. ;)

Good luck.

3. siz thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about that, it fails at partitioning and tells me to verify my disk.

Sincerely,
    Simon

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Hi Simon,

Try booting with your Leopard DVD and running Disk Utility on the your Mac partition. Alternately you can boot into single user mode (hold cmd-S at startup chime) and then type fsck -f to do the repair.

5. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

at least u didnt get a kernal attack like i first did then i had to re install leopard cause of the bad partition, i was freaking out as much as u did, because i didnt read the instructions.