Boot Camp (Win 7 Pro x64) on Core i7 MBP 17" not supported

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Plasmastrike, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Plasmastrike macrumors newbie

Plasmastrike

I installed a legal copy of Windows 7 Professional x64 on my new machine through Boot Camp.

All was well until I got to the desktop and wanted to begin installing updates. I noticed that it wasn't allowing me to get online, almost as if it wasn't detecting my wireless card. I thought this issue was because I hadn't run "setup.exe" from my Snow Leopard disc. So I put that in..

Before the installation even started, I got a pop-up saying "Boot Camp x64 is not supported on this computer"

Has this been addressed or talked about yet? Thanks for all the input.

2. Geminix macrumors newbie

I have the same MBP, and I was able to install Win7 64-bit in boot camp just fine. I also am using that partition in Parallels, and no problems with that either (just had to activate Windows 7 again). So it definitely works.

That being said, I have no idea why you would be getting that message.

3. Plasmastrike thread starter macrumors newbie

Plasmastrike

4. Plasmastrike thread starter macrumors newbie

Plasmastrike

My problem has sort of morphed and any help would be really appreciated.

I've reinstalled the Windows partition and the problem remained.

I somehow got the setup.exe file to run so that all my Mac drivers were working. I didn't know if these two problems were related, but apparently they're not.

My wireless card is not even being detected by Windows, so I can't get online at all. This is becoming so bothersome. MS phone support was useless.

5. celticpride678

Did you even look at the link I provided?:confused:

6. chrfr macrumors 603

Use the DVD that came with your computer, not the Snow Leopard DVD. The drivers on the Boot Camp installer included with your Mac are newer than those on the Snow Leopard DVD. I'm running my new 13" with 64-bit Windows 7 and those drivers installed with no errors.