Boot Camp-Win XP wont sychronize with time server

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by darthvader747, Oct 26, 2007.

1. darthvader747 macrumors newbie

Win XP and Leopard are both running smoothly, however winXP wont synchronize with the time server and I have to manually set up time every time I boot up. Also, when I boot back into Mac Leopard; the time is displayed incorrectly until I click on the clock to open the dialog box which seems to refresh the time and then I have the correct time again. Can someone please help resolve this problem?

I should probably add that when I was using bootcamp with Mac OS X tiger I had the exact same problem and I had hoped that Leopard would fix it but was unlucky with that. Also, I have installed all Mac drivers from the leopard CD; I can browse the internet.

2. Nordichund macrumors 6502

There´s a thread about this issue further down in this section, but I´m not that technical to understand what solution they seemed to have come up with.

I am having the same problem, however when I am in XP the time is correct, it´s just when I boot back into OS X that my clock shoots two hours forward, until I click on the time and date. Also that little padlock in the settings which I lock each time I reset the clock opens up again each time I boot back in from XP. I talked to someone from Apple support, but they just said they weren´t aware of it and since it was a Boot camp issue it didn´t concern them.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem and give an easy to understand walkthrough of this problem I would certainly appreciate it.