Boot Camp windows 7 disc small

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by macuser1991, Mar 17, 2012.

1. macuser1991 macrumors member

hey guys, i am on my windows 7 partition on my mac book, and i only have one game on here league of legends, its not a huge game its fairly small. I recently tried to install BLR, but says i have no room, i have 3.55gb out of 32g why is it so small right now i put 32 into this partition and then i cant even down load two games onto this partition??

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

32GB isn't much for a Windows partition - I have a 750GB drive dedicated to my Windows install. Realistically you'd be wanting 120GB or more if you want to install lots of games.

3. macuser1991 thread starter macrumors member

ok i get it so then when i log back into my mac i shall see something to delete this partition? also why does my keyboard change every time i put it to english it is changeing to french :(

and also my in game keyboard if french idk wtf is happening but i put it to English when i installed this but i guess not?

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Yes, you can use Boot Camp to erase the partition. There's also tools to simply enlarge the partition under Windows, but that's a bit more complicated. If you go the former route you'll have to reinstall Windows.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

I did about the same when I first installed Windows 4 years ago on my MacBook with about a 40GB partition, but I was only using about 2 games at the time. I then got the Steam bug and needed a larger partition, so I re-upped to 100GB. I still have about 40 free, but for the sake of future expansion, it's best to aim a bit higher than you need.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Note that this problem is exacerbated by having lots of RAM. The swap and hibernate file are usually about as big as the RAM so if you have 8GB you will lose 16 GB of space right off the bat.

B

7. macuser1991 thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks guys :) i will possibly uninstall it another day and just play my game right now i have on it.

I also don't understand something i tried to work on my brothers macbook a little older then mine maybe a year and it has different options it is also lion, but it had a few errors that came up telling me to restore it and go to disk utilities? i don't know why it asked me i couldn't even put in a blank disc to install the software onto the disc for when i get windows on it? hmmm I'm stumped :(