Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Hy everyone,

I have a small problem. My mac pro (2007) was broken about two weeks ago. Now I have it back but I have a new problem (probably caused by updates by apple). I always used dual boot with windows 7 64 bit, but now it just won't install it anymore.

I use my first HD (320GB) for my 2 os (so snow leopard has 200GB and windows has 100GB). Just like I always did, but now I gives 2 errors:
1. After creating a partition with boot camp, the windows installer says that he cannot install on that partition because he needs NTFS (and it's FAT32).
2. After deleting and formatting that partition, he still won't install and he gives an error number 0x80300024.

So now I have some questions:
Is there a clean solution to this problem (and no ejecting hard drives, already tried that one)?
Will a new harddrive with the same partitions possibly fix this?
Should I do a clean install of snow leopard and immediatly install windows without doing the updates from snow leopard? (I already formatted snow leopard twice but I always let the system update itself).
Should I install leopard and then install windows 7. Then upgrade to snow leopard?

Thank you for your time,

Soulplayer

Soulplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Hy all,

I fixed it by rolling back to leopard, then using boot camp assitant and installing windows 7 without any problems.

Greetz,
Soul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.