Boot Camp Windows 7 x64 on Macbook Problem Installing Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by icen1ne, Dec 26, 2009.

1. icen1ne macrumors newbie

icen1ne

Hello. I have installed Windows 7 on my early 2009 Macbook via boot camp. The windows OS is 64 bit. I am having trouble installing the drivers. From what I read on the internet, to install drivers, I must insert the Leopard Install Disk, and follow the instructions to install drivers. However, when I insert the disk, first, W7 asks me permission to allow the program to run, so I say Allow. Then an error comes up, saying that the 64bit is not compatible with this model computer. What do I do? Is there any other way to install the boot camp drivers?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

does apple acknowledge this issue? you think it will be fixed in the next bootcamp update?

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Apple doesn't officially support 7 yet so in their eyes there are no current problems.

5. icen1ne thread starter macrumors newbie

icen1ne

Solved.

Figured out this problem after doing a little research.

" The trick is to run the Snow Leopard Driver installer in compatibility mode:

On the BootCamp CD open “Drivers/Apple”
    Right click on “BootCamp64.msi” -> Properties
    Go To “Compability” Tab, under “Compability Mode” check the box and select “Previous Versions of Windows”
    Now doubleclick on the “BootCamp64.msi” and install normally
    After doing this, the drivers all installed and everything seems to be working great. "

I did this, and everything actually worked well. Windows 7 is now running nicely.

Source: http://www.logicalvue.com/blog/2009/10/installing-window-7-x64-on-a-macbook-pro-using-bootcamp/