Boot Camp Windows Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bvpham88, Dec 26, 2010.

1. bvpham88 macrumors newbie

I have a 1st generation macbook pro running snow leopard 10.6. I've been trying to install windows xp, vista, or 7 using bootcamp but for some odd reason i cannot boot into the cd. I put the cd in and made sure the macbook is reading it (which it is because the icon shows up on the desktop) before i hit "start installation". the laptop would restart but it doesnt boot into the cd, it just goes right into the gray screen and stays there while i hear the cd spinning.

I've installed windows
    xp using this method but that was about 4 years ago, for some reason the hard drive died on me so i have to do this whole process over again. I dont recall having this problem either.. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

2. pk43king macrumors newbie

You have to open bootcamp assistant in utilities and it will tell you when to insert the disc.

3. bvpham88 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have boot camp opened up and like i said, i make sure the cd is read before i start the installation. i get passed that part, the part im stuck at is right after the macbook reboots its supposed to read the windows cd as if i was reformatting from a pc, but it doesnt, the gray screen comes on and it just stays there.

4. bvpham88 thread starter macrumors newbie