Boot Camp & Windows ME

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Laisha, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Laisha macrumors member

Laisha

Is it possible to use Windows ME -- which I believe to have been the last of the "decent" Windows OS -- with Boot Camp 5.1?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Not sure whether if this is an actual question or what...ME is already 15 years old.

Not even Windows Vista would work.

The only OSes you can install are either 7, 8.1 or 10.

ME was frankly one of the worst Windows in history.

And if you're going to install it on the Mini that's in your sig, 7 won't play well with it either since your Mac is a UEFI 2.0 Mac.

3. Laisha thread starter macrumors member

Laisha

Thank you.

Yes. It was a real question. ME is the latest Windows disk I have, and I am certainly not going to spend key on a newer version.

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

If you want to run Windows ME, run it in Virtualbox. I see no reason to run it nowadays other than nostalgia, get a modern version of Windows for actual Bootcamp use.

5. chrfr macrumors 603

Windows ME was widely known to be very slow and unstable and had a very short sales life. You'd be hard pressed to find any applications that will run on it at this point, unless you have some old software already. The suggestion above to use Virtualbox if you must use Windows ME is a good one.

6. auhlixer macrumors regular

My least favorite edition of windoze...