Boot Camp With the Dual Drive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by froznkhemistry, Jan 28, 2010.

1. froznkhemistry macrumors newbie

froznkhemistry

Hey guys, I just recently installed a Dual Drive in place of my optical drive, since it was not working, and I was wondering how you could install Boot Camp on it. If you guys might not know, the Dual Drive is like a caddy for your hard drive, so you can have two hard drives in one computer. I have a Macbook Pro. It takes the place of your CD/DVD Drive, though. I'm not worried about this, because I'm getting an external optical drive in a day and I the new hard drive I'm installing is actually my old one I had recently replaced.

Ok, so I've already finished the installation process of the Dual Drive, and it works fine. I think I might have done something stupid though, the first thing I did was ( the new hard drive already had 2 partitions on it, one mac one windows ) erase the Mac partition, thinking I could resize the Windows one. I am planning on making this hard drive ( that's in the Dual Drive ) my primary Windows hard drive. I made a WinClone of the Windows partition on that hard drive, and wanted to first test out if it would work or not, since I figured I couldn't resize it right then and there. I restored the WinClone file into the empty space left by deleting the Mac side, and WinClone gave me an OK. I loaded up the machine, and pressed alt. For some reason, all I could see was ONE Kevin's Windows. Remember that I used WinClone to restore the Windows onto the empty space, so I SHOULD have two partitions named "Kevin's Windows" running Windows VIsta. I clicked on the windows, and after doing a disk check, it goes back to Mac and tells me it hasn't been mounted correctly. No problem. I just deleted the new partition I made. What i have now is:

1) Seagate 500 GB Hard Drive ( All Mac )
    2 ) Stock Apple 200GB Hard Drive ( 90 GB Windows, 110 GB Empty Space )

I'm trying to make the whole Stock Apple 200GHB Hard Drive Windows. I've thought about using Boot Camp to make a ready partition for Boot Camp, and THEN install the WinClone, but for some reason, Boot Camp does not detect my second hard drive. Is it because it is not running OSX?

Thanks,
    froznkhemistry.

bump...

2. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Did you try formatting your drive in Disk Utility. Bootcamp should install Windows fine on the drive.