Boot Camp Won't Startup in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by shinderhizzle84, Jun 1, 2010.

1. shinderhizzle84 macrumors member

Hey all. So I was having a lot of problems with my Macbook Pro that ONLY RUNS Windows Professional XP....

I took it in to a local PC/Mac repair shop and the guy said I had a lot of viruses and that one of the sectors of my hard drive was bad. So he fixed everything, and while it is running super fast, I have a huge error.

Whenever I try to load up boot camp, so that I can do basic functions, like change the brightness/volume, AND RIGHT CLICK (which is vital for gaming in tight spaces like I so often enjoy doing), it immediately closes, with Windows giving me the error that is shown in the photograph that I have provided.

Please help me, as I really would like to know if he did something that should not have been done. I've had issues before, and when I uninstalled Boot Camp and tried to re-install, it would not recognize my Nvidia Graphics Card, which led to MAJOR PROBLEMS when gaming....once I had to re-install my entire OS!!!

Anyways, am hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/shinderhizzle84/BOOTCAMPERROR.jpg

(Attachment feature isn't working so I'm forced to link it...sorry!)

2. littleb2005 macrumors member

remove and reinstall bootcamp drivers from dvd if that dosn't work then a bad install maybe

about the nvidia drivers use the inf and drivers from laptop2go and you be fine

3. shinderhizzle84 thread starter macrumors member

ok well about laptop2go....what do I search in for my drivers? I've got an Nvidia 86000M GT...but when I go to the Drivers search tab it's all weird, it's like:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_______________&SUBSYS______________

I have no idea what to fill in for the graphics card I mentioned above, haha :p

4. littleb2005 macrumors member

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/120-18x-series-geforce-driver-releases/