Boot Camp wont write data to DVD to allow win 7 install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Newmac50, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Newmac50 macrumors newbie

Hello, total Mac newbie here!

I am trying to install win 7 via Boot Camp on iMac 9,1.
    Boot Camp says it will download necessary drivers, goes through download, and then asks whether I want to burn data to DVD or save on external device.
    I choose DVD, insert DVD, a dropdown menu appears asking at what speed etc and then I click BURN... and nothing happens.
    Super Drive works fine; it plays movies, burns DVDs etc.
    Any ideas will be appreciated!
    Thanks.
    Newmac50 :confused:

2. RichardBeer, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

RichardBeer macrumors regular

RichardBeer

From my experience when dual booting Windows with boot camp, you simply select a partition size, insert the Windows boot disc and then restart. Once the installation procedure has completed, then you install the required drivers for graphics, input, etc from the OS X Applications disc that ships with the mac.

At least this is how my experience has been in regards to drivers with a Macbook Pro 5,5. I'd advise to try an installation anyway and then try inserting the OS X applications disc. Deleting the Windows partition is quick and easy if it doesn't work out so no harm in trying.

Hope this helps.

3. Newmac50 thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks, I will try as you suggest and see what happens...:)

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Several folks have mentioned that there is a "I already have the drivers on disc" button in this dialog that can get you past the dialog box you are stuck on.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1075650

B