Boot Camp XP Audio

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by layziegtp, Jan 9, 2010.

1. layziegtp macrumors regular

I've exhausted my abilities to Google this, hope somebody here can help me out.

My 27" iMac is running XP Boot Camp for games, but the sound quality is pretty miserable. Doesn't matter whether I listen to music, games, whatever, the sound quality really takes a toll on the whole experience. I have tried a few different drivers, but they haven't worked. It's been a while since the last time I tried, so I don't remember whether they just didn't install, or if they didn't effect the quality, but I know they didn't work.

So, I was wondering if anybody could give me a link, or directions to where I can find the proper drivers for this particular iMac. Or even if anybody else has noticed this. Thanks =)

2. rigid macrumors regular

I had this issue with my 24" imac using boot camp and internal speakers. The sound was like I was underwater or something. No one else ever claimed to have issues. I rectified this issue by buying speakers and using the audio out. Only thing that worked for me.

3. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Try downloading realtek's newest driver... Worked for me on my old mac pro which had windows XP on it. Wasn't getting audio out. Link:Realtek Audio Codec Driver

+1. I agree external speakers always deliver superior sound quality. Logitech and Bose make great speakers. Bose Companion 2 Speakers are cheap and would meet your needs well.

4. rigid macrumors regular

Anytime I downloaded new realtek drivers on my 24" all it did was break my audio. The 27" imac doesn't even have realtek onboard sound.