Boot Camp XP: Getting a c000021a system error! Blue screen!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Silvia96, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Silvia96 macrumors member

Won't boot up past this screen, this is the first time this has happened. I am fairly certain it is related to an attempt to install SP3 (I had removed it in favor if SP2 to hopefully fix some wireless issues). I noticed when I shut it down last time that it was installing updates, which most certainly included SP3, and then I left the computer. Maybe the install failed? If so, how can I fix this? Any way around other than reverting to a backup? (I think the clone I have of it has SP3 on it) Any ideas for how to get past it?

2. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

Can you boot in safe mode (press and hold F8)?

3. Silvia96 thread starter macrumors member

No, it won't boot up in safe mode. It still stops at the blue screen. Anybody have any other ideas?

4. markojug macrumors regular

5. Silvia96 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help, I originally looked at that page for help, but I'm not able to enter any commands due to the fact that it won't boot. Looks like reverting to the backup is my only choice.

6. Silvia96 thread starter macrumors member

Well, after multiple attempts to resolve the issue with no success, I ended up reverting to an old backup and losing some files. That's the way it goes sometimes! Good thing I at least had the backup. Thanks for the help!

7. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

im having a similar problem, except when i try to load windows in parallels (from the boot camp partition), it works perfectly