boot camp

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacHappytjg, May 8, 2008.

1. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

would any one know if there would be any possiblity of installing linux on boot camp instead of windows just a thought and tell me if its possible oh and im asking this because im haveing trouble with the new parallels it wont read any disc but will on virtual pc

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, it is possible. I've seen quite a few cases of users using Boot Camp to install Ubuntu. Granted, it's a bit trickier.

3. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

no you can't just windows can be installed by boot camp

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Google is your friend. I typed "install Ubuntu on Boot Camp" and a whole slew of articles and "How To's" came up.

5. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

would u recomend a certian one?

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

what do you expect us to do read them all for you and tell you which one is best? just pick one and try it, you cant break things too bad, if you cant get back into OSX reset the PRAM, just dont format your large (osx) partition

7. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

well **** maybe somone looked at one and tried it but w.e i just did it on my own with no help basically partiton it using boot camp and when it says put the disc in and continue u put the ubuntu i choose the newest 8.04 and install from there and it should be good what did