Boot Camp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by da meat tree, Feb 25, 2009.

1. da meat tree macrumors member

Alright, so i installed vista through bootcamp, on a partition it created for me.

It reboots, installs, reboots again, I get into vista and none of the drivers are installed, I try to reboot into OS X and it won't let me, gives a partition error and won't let me boot into OS X, just vista. I tried using the OS X reinstall CD but it does nothing.

Could use some help.

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. da meat tree thread starter macrumors member

games

4. detz macrumors 65816

5. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Did you illegally download Windows or did you buy the original thing ?

6. da meat tree thread starter macrumors member

it was a previously used copy, don't know if that would effect it

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

On boot up, press and hold the OPTION key. When you get to the boot manager screen, which partitions do you see there?

8. da meat tree thread starter macrumors member

i boot from the os x install disk with c while it posts, erased the vista partition, but now I don't know what to do if vista won't work. i'm not sure if i want to go out and buy another copy

9. efedor macrumors regular

If it was a used copy of windows on a different pc then the key wont work, you need a fresh product key to be used on your new beauty.

10. da meat tree thread starter macrumors member

alright, so everything is working fine now except wifi on OS X, it sees the network and connects, but i can't use the internet, i've restarted the modem/router/airport card but still no luck.

11. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

That's a common problem.

First thing you want to do is determine whether your network is operational (having other computers, Mac or Windows being able to connect isn't good enough I found over the months). Have your computer directly connect to the router/modem. What happens?

If that doesn't work, the next thing you want to do is create a new Location in the "Network Preference" pane, apply changes (if applicable) and restart the computer and try again.

If creating a new location fails to solve the problem, turn off your AirPort and try the following:

Go to: "Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/System Configuration/" and move the files "com.apple.airport.preferences.plist" and "preferences.plist" to the trash. When doing so, make sure that you have deleted those 2 files from the folder. Restart the computer.

Removing those 2 files generally helps those who are having problems connecting to the network.

That's on the Apple side of things. If you're still unable to do so, make sure the password for your network is correct and you might want to try to upgrade the firmware on your modem/router if it's new.

12. Trip.Tucker Guest

Pika... what are you doing? Seriously, two irrelevant questions that border on bantering.

13. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

How exactly should this help the OP? :confused:

But to answer your question, I think that most of us install Windows for the only thing a Mac doesn't do well; games.