Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alazhaarp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Halle, Germany
So after I updated to 10.12.2, I only turned off my mid-2012 13 inch MacBook Pro twice (I rarely turn my MacBook Pro off). I turned it off because I had to make a bus trip. But after the trip I'm always stuck in boot loading screen after I entered my password. It usually stops at around 75%.

I tried resetting the pram, starting is safe mode, and did a first aid via disk repair, but nothing works so far. I don't think it's a hardware issue because my windows 10 bootcamp partition boots just fine.

Do you guys think I should reinstall Sierra? Or is there any other way?
Thank you

P.s. I know my computer is old, and it has been used extensively. But before this problem occurred, I've never had any performance issue whatsoever.. (Including with 10.12.2)

alazhaarp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Halle, Germany
Thank you guys for the answers. Yep, after a little bit of browsing, I found an article that explains how to do it and what it actually does.

I thought this might be the solution. I tried it. Unfortunately, after the texts finished running I'm back to the loading screen (with the progress bar) and this time there's no progress going.

Kissmyne

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Given what you've already tried I recommend a Erase and reinstall of macOS. Please be aware this is a data destructive task.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.