Boot into Windows RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rmafive, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Rmafive macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I usually keep my computer docked during the day and boot into windows by holding down the menu button on the ir controller (acts like holding down option key during startup). Now I won't be able to do this since the new RMBP doesn't have an ir sensor! I tend to have problems with my wireless keyboard not connecting fast enough and the option key will not bring up the boot options. Is there another way of getting to the drive selection menu besides undocking my computer and holding the option key down on the laptop keyboard during boot?

2. The "Dude" macrumors regular

I'm interested to know this as well. Or if it's possible to make the computer always boot to the OS selection screen.

3. rygamble macrumors regular

You should look into rEFIt. If gives you boot options each time the computer comes on.

4. Rmafive thread starter macrumors 6502

I have some time on my hands, so I am thinking about creating a one key usb keyboard with just the option key. I found a guide on instructables:

http://www.instructables.com/id/One-Key-Keyboard-Hack/

I think this will be the best solution... It basically is a button to get to the drive selection screen! Yet, it looks like a lot of work.