Boot jailbroken iPad 3.2.2 tethered?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by sch11, Dec 21, 2010.

1. sch11 macrumors member

My iPad's on 3.2.2 and was jailbroken using limera1n or greenpois0n. Installing an update from Cydia caused it to get stuck at the white apple logo screen when booting.

If I try to rejailbreak using limera1n or greenpois0n, will I do any damage? I'm hoping that re-running limera1n will overwrite whatever changes the Cydia update made and the device will boot again.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Re-running Limera1n or Greenpois0n on it WON"T do any damage, but I am also almost certain that it will NOT solve your issue either. Those tool are to Jailbreak iOS, to give your Root access and install certain application needed. If you are having issue because of another app you install or an update, rerunning these tools is not going to do anything.

you need to Restore your firmware and them re-run the tool, that will wipe anything you installed bad, and you can start over.

What was the update for?

3. sch11 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. Luckily, I won't have to restore - the device booted today for some reason. Yesterday, after I installed the update, I allowed over 5 minutes for the device to boot up and it remained stuck at the apple logo. Does the fact that it rebooted once safely mean it's okay?

I don't know which update caused the problem (if there even is one). I installed 11 updates at once without monitoring them, came back to the device, saw a prompt to reboot the device, and just did it.