Boot Loop after running JailbreakMe.com

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wm6405, Jul 9, 2011.

1. wm6405 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

My friend wanted me to jailbreak their iPhone 4, so I used the new Jailbreakme.com method which just quickly downloads cydia to your home screen and after a minute or two it was downloaded but after I opened cydia the phone froze so I had to force restarting it with power+home button and ever since then it's been stuck in a reboot loop with the apple logo. I've let the phone completely die but when I plug it up it does the same thing...I haven't had a chance to plug it up to a computer yet but I'm hoping I'll get the option to retire on there. And another thing is that my friend doesn't have her computer that she usually uses with her phone because it's a school laptop, so is there a way for me' to fix her phone on my iTunes without her losing all her data? I hope I can fix it because I'll feel like a jerk if I messed up her phone haha...Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Have you tried using a program called iREB to kick it out of a loop? Try out this program on your PC and make sure you go to the TAB that fixes "Recovery Mode Loop", etc. I cannot say that it is in a recovery mode loop, but this should fix the boot loop. If that does not work, I suggest using a program called recboot to kick it in recovery mode and to kick it out of recovery mode. If that does not work, then you may have to restore.

Recboot For Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?qpcp13joc83e7n3

iREB: http://hotfile.com/dl/108923557/18f7493/iREB-r4.zip.html

3. wm6405 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Will either of these work for a Mac?

4. wm6405 thread starter macrumors member

Will either of these work for a Mac?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

tiny umbrella

6. Kevio macrumors regular

I too was stuck in the boot loop after using jailbreakme.com. I tried everything but ultimately had to restore my device. I have a question though, should I trust using jailbreakme.com again? Was it a fluke that I got stuck in the boot loop or is this something that will happen again?

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you really need to jailbreak, I would use Redsn0w. It's solid and stable and relatively easy to use even for newcomers to the jailbreak scene.

8. Kevio macrumors regular

Thanks. Just wondering. I was jailbroken before today via Redsn0w but I wanted to update to 4.3.3 so I did so and then used jailbreakme.com just because it as so easy. I'll just rejailbreak with redsn0w again and call it a day.

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

That's your best bet. Jailbreakme was released with bugs because of the leak and therefore I don't recommend it. Redsn0w has never given me any problems in all my time of using it. :)

10. Trey1984 macrumors regular

Isn't the new jailbreakme.com site ONLY for 4.3.3? I've had people complain to me that it would not work for their phones and when I asked if they where running 4.3.3 they would tell me no..kinda seems like they should have researched a lil before jumping into it if that is the case..hoping someone else can confirm this

11. CaptianCheech macrumors newbie

The same exact thing has happened to me . im connecting it to itunes now . is it still at the apple logo ?

12. Kevio macrumors regular

Guys, the problem has been identified as a compatibility issue with bitesms. If you jailbreak using jailbreakme.com then don't use bitesms until they release a fix.

13. drensin macrumors newbie

boot loop goop

Tiny Umbrella kicks you out of the loop.

Remember to RESTORE to 4.3.3 instead of Upgrade (both via iTunes)

then don't install Bitesms -- a great -program -- until they issue a fix.

14. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

if you dont get kicked out of the loop, get the phone to turn off, holding power and home if its in the bootloop, then mae sure the screen has nothing on it(phone off), hold home and plug it into your usb cord wit iTunes open. It will give you the connect to iTunes screen, then, you know the rest, restore