Boot Loop & Slide to Unlock

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by smokin24, Jul 2, 2013.

1. smokin24 macrumors newbie

Hello, im a newbie here in the MacRumors forum. I want to find a decent answer about what happened to me after updating my iPad Mini to iOS7 with a developer account.

It worked fine as it is, after reducing the battery life within 20%, i just couldnt slide it to unlock. So, i searched the net and most answers told me to hold power and home button. It rebooted. After, it wont stop rebooting, it kept on rebooting and rebooting. What causes your iPad to start the reboot loop, and is there a non-iTunes way of solving the problem?

So, here are my questions.

1. Why cant you slide to unlock when you reach 20% of your battery life on iOS7?

2. What causes reboot loops to occur?

3. Is there a non-iTunes way of solving reboot loops since i am worried i am using these for school, and there are no computers with iTunes there.

Edit : Im on iPad Mini A1432, iOS7 Beta 2, ***** Download, With Developer Accnt.

Hoping for an immediate response!

2. smokin24 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Because this is beta software and it has bugs.
    Luckily, knowledge is power so now that you're aware of this bug, don't let your iPad drain below 20%.
    And if you can't accept the above you can always revert to iOS6 and wait for the next beta.

4. smokin24 thread starter macrumors newbie

I currently have iOS6 because i restored it. I plan on not locking my iPad and reducing the brightness down to 5%.

Thanks and i appreciate it! :)

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I found there is a bug in which if a dialogue box pops up asking for you to click ok (for example "your battery is at 20%") if you DONT click ok and go to the home page the box will not be visible anymore and the screen will not respond because it's waiting for you to click ok to a box you can't see. Use Siri to launch an app and I heard that clears it up or you can reboot the phone.