Boot Loop with pineapple logo, im in dire straits

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mpiol, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mpiol macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i really need your help.
    Earlier i was fooling around in my iphone vie PhoneView trying to enable tethering via a tutorial i saw (http://www.redmondpie.com/enable-tethering-on-iphone-3g-3gs-3.1.2-firmware-eqw846/) , and i guess i thought it wasn't important to change the permissions on the file i uploaded back (steps 8, 9, 10) since i wasn't using ssh and Phoneview's disk mode doesn't allow you to rename or change permissions. Anyway long story short, when i turn on my phone it stays on the pineapple logo (for about 5 mins) then vibrates twice (like its charging) then for about a minute i have access to it in Phoneview and in iTunes (it appears as if it was a regular phone fully finctional in itunes, i can sync it) and then all of a sudden turns off, and repeats. I've removed the file i uploaded, still didn't work. Any ideas? :( :( I cant afford to lose all the data on there

PS iPhone 3GS 32GB jailbroken running 3.1.2

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure what needs to be put back and where. Sounds like u messed something u were not suppose to change or remove. Not
    much u can do besides restore.

3. scottuf macrumors 6502

after it becomes active can you ssh into it? you might have enough time to correct permissions on the file you uploaded (check permissions AND owner (chown)) PhoneView uploads everything as Root:wheel. that file might need mobile:mobile (chown -R mobile:mobile filename).

or i know there are some programs out there for windows (not sure on mac) that allow ssh type access thru the usb, which you do have.

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B