Boot mini bug !!!

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by ggkameleon, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ggkameleon macrumors newbie

ggkameleon

hi ! I have buy a new mac mini 2012 with Hd 500 and I have a mini 2009 with SSd 500.
    I put the Ssd in the mini 2012 and the Hd in the 2009.

The mini 2012 run good. But no the mini 2009 when I start "boot" don't have the Apple logo and progress bar in grey screen but just black screen and go to my session with password?

I reset smc and pram but nothing ? I make an Hard test but nothing !?

I don't know what is the problem ? Can help me please !!

I know is the Efi Firmware is not good. I download in Apple support but say it's not necessary in your computer ??? Perhaps the problem come I have install before change SSD to HD in my mini core2duo 2009 the soft "kernel startup 42/64" ? But I don't know reset "boot.efi" perhaps don't see when start ? Thank's for help

2. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

Which version of OS X is installed on each storage device? It might not matter but...

3. ggkameleon thread starter macrumors newbie

ggkameleon

Yes before change I have install Yosemite in two mac mini and after with "Diskmaker" create in the mini 2012 I have install Yosemite to. I see this https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT204156
    Me I have one bong picture one but stay black screen and go picture Six !!! I suppose the rom or Efi boot ?
    I reset smc and pram but nothing do !!!!
    Sorry for my langage I'm french...

4. Celerondon, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015

Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

You are fine. My French is not nearly as good as your English. By "picture Six" do you mean the one listed as a Login Window? (Fenetre d'ouverture de session).

Also I must ask:
    Did you mean "kernel startup 42/64" or was it 32/64 instead?

5. Fishrrman macrumors G4

What I would do:

1. Boot 2009 Mini from external source (external hard drive), or connect it to 2012 Mini using firewire target disk mode.

2. Re-initialize internal hard drive.

3. Re-install clean copy of OS -- already downloaded from either Apple or another source.

6. ggkameleon thread starter macrumors newbie

ggkameleon

Hi ! Yes the soft "kernel startup 32/64" I is deleted.

I make this :
    I download Yosémite in the App store in my mini 2009 and I create a Usb key of Yosémite with Diskmaker.
    I make a clean install and erase my Hd system.
    My mini boot good ! Apple logo and progress bar and the screen resolution is back to normal 1024x1080.

But 2 days after when I shoot down and restart the screen resolution bug again 1024x768 and I can't change this in preference ? I reset smc and pram again and the boot again black screen no logo and progress bar !?

I just buy a mini dvi to vga I stay shipp for see if is not the connector mini display ?

Yesterday I restart with my usb key (install Yosémite) and don't install just shut down.
    When I restart the green screen logo and progress bar and I can change the resolution 1024x1080 ??? I don't understand what is the problem ???

Do you know if is it the battery ? I buy one cr2032 I stay shipp ??? Maybe ? Thank's