Boot options using Wireless keyboard and mouse to eject media

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mailcaptive, Feb 9, 2009.

1. mailcaptive macrumors newbie

I have an Intel based iMac 20".
    I had a different problem. I installed Windows XP using bootcamp. After installation. To give it a try I just put Vista DVD(I have vista DVD also, but it is damaged.) into drive. After loading bootfiles vista installation asked me to reboot the machine. Here I got the problem, as the dvd is damaged, it is unable to proceed furthur, I am able to see only a blinking cursor for ever. I wanted to eject the DVD and boot either from Mac OSX or WindowsXP(Which is previously installed and working fine).
    One more problem here, I have wireless keyboard and mouse and I am unable to enter boot options anyway. Please give me a solution for this problem.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I really don't know how OS X handles wireless keyboards/mice, but does it work to hold the mouse button on boot to eject the DVD or to hold the option key to choose a startup drive?

3. mailcaptive thread starter macrumors newbie

I found a solution for this problem.

As I dont have Mac KB and mouse(I have but they are wireless, with which I tried alot pressing and holding mouse button with no use). Don't ever try to feed boot key options from wireless keyboard on iMac because it will just not recognize it.

The solution is
    I just connected my Windows keyboard(USB) to my iMac.
    I started IMac. while starting I just kept pressing Alt key on windows Key board. It just happend what will happen if we press and hold Options Key while booting. That is, It just showed three options One is Mac OSx, Windows XP(which I installed using boot camp) and Windows on my DVD(the damaged vista disc). I used Arrow keys on the keyboard to select First option(Mac OsX) to boot into Mac. It just booted into it. After booting it, I ejected the damaged disk, and broke it with all of my joy.