Boot problem - Leopard gets stuck while loading desktop

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jockmock, Aug 11, 2008.

1. jockmock macrumors regular

I have a problem that arose like a couple of days ago.
    When I load Leopard it takes like 10 times more than usual to get past the apple logo. Then when I get to the blue desktop, I can see the mouse, which you usually do before your desktop pops up and you can use the comp. But now instead it dissapears, and the screen becomes a little darker blue. The loading symbol that appears below the apple on the booting screen appears. It then dissapears, and the the desktop becomes light blue again. This happens forever.
    I think it has to do with me installing Windows through Boot CAmp or something. I have been able to use both simultaneously for a month now though without problems. Suddenly this problem arose though. Something's weird though, as I can't access my mac drive from windows ( I have MacDrive installed). Also, the bootcamp assistant tray icon dissapeared from the tray field. It can still be accessed from the Control Panel though.
    Any advice on what to do?

2. qacjared macrumors regular

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Try booting Safe Mode by holding Shift when you hear the boot chime and don't let go until the gear has spun a few times. Just reboot normally after it gets to the desktop.

Boot from the DVD disc, and run Disk Utility. Repair the disk.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

try resetting the pram. cmd+option+p+r before the gray screen. and also try doing a SMC reset. to do that, turn off the computer and remove battery/charger. press power button for 5 seconds and put eveyrthing back in and boot it up. i'm assuming you have a laptop... for the last thing.