Boot Screen Flash

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Textureboy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Hey guys, I contacted apple support and the employee guided me to try booting my mac with some special short cuts. Such as hold command and option and the power button. Hold P and R and Command and Option I think.

I don't know what it does, but now every time I boot my mac at the apple logo it flashes before it powers to desktop and when I turn my Mac off it takes over 20 seconds even when nothing is open. I remember it taking less then 5 seconds to turn it off.

I don't know what the guy made me do on my boot up but is there a way to boot normally or do I have to factory reset everything?

2. Erasmus, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Resetting the PRAM (which is what you are describing) does reset things back to what they should be.

To be of any help, we need more info. What type of computer to you have (What specs)? What issues were you calling up Apple Support about?

EDIT: More information about the Reset PRAM process can be found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

3. Textureboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Specs are rMBP - 2.6/16/512 , and I was calling about screen issue .. I don't know why he made me reset things..