Boot tethered 3GS after battery dies?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hizzaah, Dec 16, 2011.

1. hizzaah macrumors 6502

is there a way to boot tethered a 3gs after it's battery dies? it's jailbroken, and I accidentally let the battery die on a roadtrip. When this happened before, the only thing I could figure out was to restore it using itunes then re-jailbreak it.

is there an easier solution? It automatically boots up when it reaches a high enough battery level, but I can't get it to enter DFU mode to "Just Boot" using Redsn0w.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Let it charge enough for a few hours then you should be able to just boot tethered.
    You dont need to restore and rejailbreak every time your battery runs out.

3. hizzaah thread starter macrumors 6502

huh.. guess I'm a retard then. I can't get the timing right I guess. at any time the apple logo is up can I hold down the sleep/wake button for 10 seconds and then hold the home button until it boots with redsn0w?

in their little timer page it says to start with the phone off..

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, its a little tricky.
    You gotta keep trying till you time it perfect.

5. hizzaah thread starter macrumors 6502

gotcha.. thanks for the info

6. hizzaah, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

hizzaah thread starter macrumors 6502

gah.. I got it running again but downloaded something and I had to reboot. Now I can't get it to boot tethered again. I'm using Redsn0w's timing page and nothing. Now I'm getting the Plug into iTunes picture on the phone. What am I doing wrong?

edit: got it figured out.. there's an issue with my laptop usb ports. driver keeps flaking and disables itself in windows.