Boot Time on New 2009 iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chris12321, Apr 14, 2009.

1. chris12321 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone :)

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself: my name is Chris, and I just got a new iMac 2.93 GHz yesterday =) I'm really excited to have made the switch from Windows, and I look forward to using a Mac for many years to come!

That being said, I had a small question regarding boot times. Considering the fact that my iMac is a day old, I'm assuming that boot times should not be that long - however I am stalling on the gray Apple boot screen with the spinning wheel for close to one minute.

I have only installed a few programs: Office 2008, iWork, Aperture 2 and the messaging program Adium. Is it possible that these apps are causing the boot time to lag? It seems strange to be waiting for close to a minute to boot...

Anyways, I'd once again love to thank everyone for welcoming me into your community and I look forward for all the support that we can bring to the table together!

Chris

2. markojug macrumors regular

I notice that too. I think that it gets the stuff loaded so when you get to the desktop, you can go right away. Rather than Windows loading for one minute and waiting even longer for it to speed up.