Bootable Backup Software: SuperDuper!, CarbonCopyCloner, Synk, Something Else? Which?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mirabella, May 28, 2010.

1. Mirabella macrumors regular

Within the next few hours, I'm going to purchase software for making bootable backups of my MacBook Pro's hard drive. I'm considering SuperDuper!, Synk, and Cabon Copy Cloner. I'd also gladly consider something else, if you recommend another program, instead. Which bootable backup software do you prefer and recommend, and why? Which features matter, and differentiate them?

I want to make bootable, identical clones of my hard drive. It would be nice if the software is inexpensive, but thats not the primary concern. A really nice "feature", if any of the options offer this, would be clear description of what the options do, without confusing terms. (If would be beautiful if the program said something straightforward, like "press this button to make a bootable clone, now".)

Also, it has to be compatible the with a 2010 i7 MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.3. Preferably, it would also be nice if there was a high likelihood that it would be compatible with the new versions of OSX coming out over the next few years, too.

Thank you for your help.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. Mirabella thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. That's good to know.

If CCC is free and works fine, what do the others offer, that makes people choose to pay for them, instead of using CCC for free?