Bootable Clone of BootCamp (for the technologically-challenged)?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Drewbonics, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Drewbonics macrumors newbie

Hi there. Let me say right off that I am NOT very tech savvy. Tech jargon will go in one ear and out the other.

Anyway, I have a 500GB internal HDD with OS X installed on 350GB and Windows 7 installed on the other 150GB via BootCamp. I recently purchased a 1TB external USB 3.0 HDD with the intent of using it as a backup drive.

I was wondering if there was a way to make a bootable clone of my BootCamp partition on the drive. I've already made a bootable clone of my OS X partition to the drive via SuperDuper! and I know how to partition the external HDD if possible.

I've looked around online and everything has a bunch of tech talk that I don't understand. I'm pretty sure this is possible, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to do this 1) in case I need to restore if something goes wrong and 2) so I can boot into everything from a different Mac I will be using soon

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. dimzen macrumors member

dimzen

3. Drewbonics thread starter macrumors newbie

Apologies for the extremely late reply! I thought I did but I guess I didn't. That'll work perfectly :) Thanks a bunch!