Bootcamp 1.3 - MBP freezes adjusting brightness

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sotl, Aug 4, 2007.

1. sotl macrumors member

Hello,

I hope someone can provide some help for this issue I'm having. I'm using bootcamp 1.3 drivers + Vista 32bit. On startup the brightness is at maximum. I can go one tick lower by hitting Fn+F1 (the smaller sun) and all is well. If I try going down one more tick my computer freezes each and every time so I only have 2 brightness settings. Luckily, the second to last tick is noticeably less bright than maximum so for the mean time it's not unbearable. I've formatted and reinstalled vista about 3 times now and didn't have this problem with bootcamp 1.2. It always occurs with 1.3, though.

2. adoptme macrumors newbie

mac adjusting brightness on Vista

Solution: (Vista Ultimate)
    Start >> Control Panel >> (Classic View) >> Boot Camp >> Brightness (tab)
    Then: --Adjust Dim to Bright--

Good luck.

3. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

Why don't you try the boot camp 2.1 drivers. They are available on Apple's download page.

4. adoptme macrumors newbie

Boot Camp 2.1

I tried to install Boot Camp 2.1 and it would not install properly, so the following solution might work for other people have the same problem as I did--however, upon reinstallation of the original Boot Camp discs that came with the OSX Leopard, all else worked.

Solution: (Vista Ultimate)
    first try installing the new drivers from the Mac Support website, or try to reinstall the drivers on your original Mac OS X install disc 1 CD.

If that doesn't work, Dmitri has developed a beta 3.0 software that enables the keyboard backlight to work, and you would also be able to adjust the sensitivity too, which i thought was definitely a great feature:

link: http://dmitri.v.googlepages.com/macbooktraytools

Good luck.