Bootcamp + 2 OSX partitions

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Razva, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Razva macrumors newbie

Hi folks!

This is my first post here hehe :p

Until now I've used Lion with two partitions - one for the /Applications (and OSX filesystem, etc) and a second one for my /Users folder. As an OSX enthousiast this configuration keeps my documents out of trouble/untouched in case of reinstalls.

The problem is that, when I tried to run Lion's Bootcamp, Bootcamp informed me that it requires a SINGLE partition on the entire drive. Now this is stupid...but I won't comment that.

So, what should I do in order to keep Bootcamp running AND keep my "two partitions" configuration?

Idea: I can merge the two OSX partitions with iPartition in order for Bootcamp to be "happy", than I could re-partition OSX. Will this break the MBR or mess with OSX's/Windows's bootloader?

Is there any way to do this without merging/splitting the partitions?

Thanks!

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Welcome to MacRumors Forums :) First post is always exciting :D

Well, I wanted to have two OS X and Bootcamp just like you, but it didn't work out well. I firstly created Bootcamp partition, installed Windows 7, drivers, etc. Then, came back to Mac OS X, and created a partition inside Mac OS X. After that, Bootcamp won't even boot, meaning it doesn't show up at start up as a bootable partition.
    I don't know about your idea, but it would say give it a shot if you haven't installed Windows yet. Maybe someone else could help you out.