Bootcamp 3.0 not recognizing snow leopard os x disc

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by brando06, Nov 18, 2009.

1. brando06 macrumors regular

I just installed Windows XP via Bootcamp and when i go into Windows and try to insert my mac os x snow leopard it does not show up??

2. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

Come on folks i really need your help with this one!!

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Thats odd for sure. The optical drive and disk appear when you boot into OS X, but not when you boot into Windows?

4. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

yes it recognizes the mac os x install disc in os x, but when i'm in windows it shows up as a 0kb disc

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Just to double check. This is an original store bought disc right? Not a burned copy?

The drivers are in a separate partition from the Main OS so it's easy to miss them if you copy the disc wrong. More in my post here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=823375

B

6. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

yup my leopard disc is an original store bought, but my snow leopard is a burned copy. Does this mean i need to use bootcamp 2.0 to do it?? I checked out your link as well, and that looks like you are doing everything in the mac os x, how do you then copy the drivers to windows??

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

a burned copy? So you stole Snow Leopard and now you want us to help you install the pirated software? It's against the rules to help with piracy.

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You start with a store bought disc that actually has the BC 3.0 drivers on it. If you don't have that you don't have the drivers.

B

9. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

Ummm, no actually it's not stolen or pirated, it's my own copy that i copied, because i am at work with this copy that i am trying to install and left the retail disc at home with my family.... as for my retail disc of leopard that i have at work how come i can't see that??

10. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

I don't want to get kicked in the face for posting a torrent so just try goggling "boot camp 3.0 download" The first link is what you want.

11. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

So you copied the SL disc incorrectly to begin with as I suspected.

You never mentioned Leopard also not working which might mean there is something else that is wrong. Can you read any optical discs? You haven't told us

Once you extract (or otherwise obtain) the driver ISO, you can burn it to a CD-R, put the drivers on a thumb drive or mount the ISO in Windows (I like Virtual Clone Drive) and install the drivers in Windows.

B

12. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you i got it working.... one last thing... i have windows xp running and i have just purchased Windows 7, do i have to uninstall the windows xp partition and then install Windows 7??