Bootcamp 3.0 Win 7 64x

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jgbhardy, Sep 17, 2009.

1. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

I've installed Windows 7 64x on my Macbook, now when I insert the Mac OS X disc that came with my Macbook I can install the Bootcamp64 file but when I insert the Snow Leopard disk to install Bootcamp 3.0 I can't install the Bootcamp64 or the 32 bit Bootcamp file. I really want the 3.0 version so that I can have the read capability for the Mac partition in Windows.
    When I try to install the Bootcamp64 it comes up saying "This installation requires elevated privilages. Launch the installer through setup.exe"
    When I run it through setup.exe however it comes up with the message saying that it Bootcamp64 is unsupported on this model. The same message would come up when I use the Leopard disks but I was able to bypass this by instaling it through the Bootcamp64 file found in the Apple drivers folder.

Can someone help me out here I need to get Bootcamp 3.0 installed, I think there are some 3rd party apps that can give you HTFS read capability but I don't want use those, I've looked at some they are horrible so don't suggest it!!

Also I'm not a 64x fanatic, I'm using Windows64x because you need it to use 4GB ram.:rolleyes:

2. cjacks68 macrumors regular

cjacks68

I have Windows 7 32 bit on my 15" UMBP with 4 GB of RAM running fine. Why do you need 64 bit?

3. jgbhardy thread starter macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

It will still run fine but it wont use the full 4GB
    When your next on Windows 7 go into the System section in Control panel, I'm guessing it doesn't say 4GB but something like 3GB?

4. RoskO macrumors member

It does work really well, install then upgrade. I'm runnin win7x64 and I can see the osx partition in windows etc.