Bootcamp 3.1 wont install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nicwilson, May 28, 2010.

1. nicwilson macrumors newbie

I have a 27" iMac with an i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD. It is running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 under bootcamp.

When I try to install bootcamp services it states "to install bootcamp services you need to running Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista"

I then downloaded bootcamp services 3.1 from here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL979

It clearly states Windows 7 support, and is for X64.

Yet when I run it, it gives the same error stating I need to using Windows Vista or XP SP2.

how the hell does one install bootcamp services on a 27" iMac under Windows 7? Any help is appreciated.

I am confused.

NicW

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3.1 is an updater for 3.0 which is only provided with Snow Leopard. Sounds like you tried to install BC 2.x from a Leopard disk. Pay the $29 to get the SL disk and the drivers you seek.

B

3. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

or you could download a torrent with JUST the drivers from the snow leopard disk (not illegal)

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Boot Camp 3.x is a feature of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. If you have a license, you already have the drivers, if you don't you don't have a license to the drivers. Do you?

Plus, I think it's really silly to run a torrented OS or drivers, especially Windows. Are you 100% sure you didn't also download some "bonus" malware?

B